9 Fun And Cheap Things to do in Bohol, Philippines including Cliff Diving and Dolphin Watching!
There are many islands in the Philippines worth exploring and the next one on our list is Bohol, Philippines. Graced by many natural wonders, Bohol is great for nature lovers and travellers who are seeking a vacation, not by the beach (you’re better off at Boracay for that).
If you’re planning your next trip, here’s a list of fun and affordable things to inspire your next trip to Bohol!
How to Get to Bohol from Manila or Cebu
If you’re coming from Manila, the most convenient mode of transportation to Bohol is by air. The plane ride takes just over an hour and you can easily find flights operated by AirAsia, Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines between Manila and Tagbilaran City, the capital of Bohol.
By ferry or boat
There are also ferry rides docking on Tagbilaran City Pier from Manila, Cebu, and Dumaguete. Boat rides from Dipolog, Cagayan de Oro, and Camiguin are also available. The latter docks on Jagna instead of Tagbilaran City Pier.
9 Fun and Cheap Things to do in Bohol
1. Marvel on the Beauty – Chocolate Hills
It’s written on numerous textbooks — the pride of Bohol stands in thousands of chocolate-looking hills that cover more than 50 km of the province. It is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site and the hills take on a brownish milk-chocolate colour in during the dry season and become lush and green during the rainy months.
- Operating Hours: 8 am – 5:30 pm (last admission at 5 pm)
- Address: Chocolate Hills Adventure Park, Camanayon, Brgy. Buenos Aires, Carmen, Bohol
- Admission Ticket Price: ₱53 on Klook
2. Go on a Mountain Bike Tour Around Bohol
Walking long distances during your trip can be too tiring for your legs so why not try biking instead? It takes the nature experience to a whole new level and you’ll get to see more within a short time. Plus, it adds a taste of real adventure – especially on the dirt
Walking is the best way to soak in the setting of the place you travel to. But going on a bike ride takes the experience to a whole new level—it adds a taste of real adventure, especially on the dirt roads of Bohol.
- Duration: 30 minutes – 1 hour
- Address: Chocolate Hills Natural Monument, Carmen, Bohol (starting point)
- Tour Price: approx. ₱1,019 (US$20) on Viator
3. Try Paddleboarding on Loboc River
Navigate through the Loboc River while basking in the jungle’s nature on a paddleboard. For the beginners, you might end up falling into the river many times before actually getting the hang of it.
Navigate through the passageways of the jungle surrounding Loboc River You’ll see waterfalls, and if you go at night, you may even see fireflies or have the moon as your guide.
- Operating Hours: 8 am – 6 pm
- Duration: 1 hour
- Address: Loboc Wildlife and Nature Park, Upper Bonbon, Loboc, Bohol
- Price: approx. ₱1,019 (US$20) on Viator
4. Dine at Loboc Floating Restaurant
Famished after exploring Bohol? Not a problem! Hop on the Loboc Riverwatch Floating Restaurant for a meal that’s close to nature and heart.
- Operating Hours: 9:30 am – 3 pm
- Address: Loay Interior Road, Loboc, Bohol
- Buffet Price: ₱2,313 on Klook
5. Meet the Tiny Tarsiers
Tarsiers may look like monkeys from afar but they are actually very different from them. The Tarsier Conservatory is one of the rare places on Earth that is committed to protecting the endangered species. The Conservatory Tour is kept at a short 20-minute duration to avoid stressing out the sensitive Tarsiers. Also, make sure to avoid flash photography so you won’t startle these starry-eyed creatures!
- Operating Hours: 9 am – 4 pm
- Address: Tarsier Sanctuary Road, Corella, Bohol
- Ticket Price: ₱ 1,340 on Klook
6. Watch Dolphins and Whales by Pamilacan Island
As the Bohol Sea is a sanctuary to many precious marine creatures, it is also the perfect place to go on dolphin and whale watching tours. With over 11 species of dolphins spotted in the region, a visit to Pamicalan Island grants you the perfect opportunity to meet them! Slab on your sunblock as you can spend time swimming and snorkelling to get up close with the marine creatures too!
- Tour Duration: 6 hours (from Tagbilaran City Airport)
- Tour Price: ₱ 4,964.57 on Viator
7. Go Island Hopping
Embark on an island-hopping adventure throughout Virgin, Balicasag and Panglao while you’re in Bohol. These islands are the ultimate tropical paradise and offer an intimate experience with rich marine life where you can get up close with turtles and a wide range of corals.
- Tour Duration: 4 – 5 hours
- Address: Alona Beach, Panglao Island, Bohol
- Tour Price: ₱ 1,600 on Klook
8. Unwind on a Waterfalls Tour
Visit three waterfall sites in a single tour! First, experience the enchantment of a tropical forest as you make your way to Mag-Aso Falls where you can try out cliff diving for your much-needed adrenaline rush.
Next, head to the highest waterfall in Bohol – the Kawasan Falls. The waterfall here lands in a natural pool where you can soak and swim in. Do remember to practice good hygiene while you’re here so others get to enjoy the best of nature too. Last but not least, head to Camugao Falls to see the hidden lush greenery of Balilihan.
- Tour Duration: 8 hours
- Tour Price: ₱625 on Klook
9. Take the Extra Challenge at Danao Adventure Park
We saved the best for last—the best at least for the brave. When you visit Bohol’s Danao Adventure Park, you can:
- Ride a zipline course
- Do “The Plunge,” which is a 650-ft high canyon swing that lets you go on a 200-ft free-falling ride
- Get on the Sky Ride cable car
- Go trekking, caving, root climbing, or river tubing
This is not the cheapest activity but we reckon it is arguably the best way possible to end your Bohol trip!
- Operating Hours: 6 am – 5 pm
- Address: Buenavista-Carmen-Danao-Jetafe Road, Danao, Bohol
- Package Price: ₱ 7,133 on Viator
Bohol truly is a wonder of nature, a nation’s treasure that must be protected. Keep this in mind when you visit; clean up after your self, be mindful of other living creatures in the area, and respect the locals.
For more travel deals, cash backs, coupon codes, and vouchers check out ShopBack Philippines’ list of travel deals!
- 6 Cheap & Great Resorts in The Philippines You Need to Visit This Season
Looking to travel around the Philippines? Well here are some of the most affordable yet…
- Off-the-beaten-path destinations in Philippines to visit this holiday season
If you're looking for a short getaway within the Philippines but want something a little…
- The Perfect Getaway From Manila Is Somewhere In Philippines
A good getaway is NOT only at the famous Boracay.