How To Pick The Best Headphones For Air Travel
If you travel by plane a lot, particularly on long-haul flights, choosing the right kind of headphones is probably just as important as choosing your seat or in-flight beverage. Years ago, I was gifted by someone very close to me with Bose QC 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones as Christmas present. I still remember how knocked for a loop I was when I first used it! Not a travel went by that I would be without my QC3, even if it were just a 4-hour flight. But now that we are quite spoilt for choice with different brands and even more numerous headset models, choosing the perfect pair can be very tricky. Thankfully, Headphones Unboxed just made it very easy for us.
The experts at Headphones Unboxed suggests you consider these factors when choosing your air travel headphones:
- Sound quality. Sound reproduction, clarity, balance and bass – all these combined make for an awesome sound quality!
- Portability. Headphones that are lightweight, durable and easy to pack make for great travel accessory.
- Headphones that don’t leak sound. As much as we like to indulge ourselves in some in-flight film and music entertainment, we also wouldn’t want the noise to be leaking out of our headphones and disturbing our neighbours.
- Price. Most likely, you would want to pay the right price for your headphones and not feel as though you had just been robbed of your precious cash.
- Noise cancelling or noise isolation feature. Airplanes and airports can be extremely noisy with constant stream of people, engine sounds and announcements blaring through loudspeakers. Investing on a good pair of noise cancelling or noise isolating headphone will make your waiting and travel time more pleasant.
Top deals for PH:
9.9 3 Merchants with upsized CashBack from 4-8 September
ZALORA: Up to 19% Cashback (was 12%)
Luxola: 9% Cashback (was 7%)
ASOS: 7% Cashback (was 5%)
For headphone model recommendations, check out HU’s list here.
Incidentally, I had already replaced my QC3, which has fallen into serious disrepair after 5 years and not enough protection against humidity and heat exposure. I considered switching brands, testing out a few sets with each trip to the mall, but I always find myself favouring Bose – stopping short only when I consider the price, which is still relatively higher than most headphones out in the market. But the call of unparalleled sound quality is too hard to ignore so I ended up going for Bose QC25, which now has a more compact look and sleekier design, not to mention the around-ear fit of the headphones. The semi-hard case that the headphones come with is noticeably smaller than that of the QC3, so it’s more convenient to lug around.
If you’re considering purchasing a headset for your travel or all-around use, you might want to check out Lazada and its wide array of headset choices. In fact, why not shoot for 4.0% Cashback from ShopBack while you’re at it? Click here to sign-up with ShopBack now!
Featured Image Source: http://www.10best.com/ (Photo courtesy of Qantas)
Shop Online, Earn Cashback. Sign up for free now and get ₱150 bonus cash!