6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Boost Your Immune System
Don’t compromise your health by giving in to unhealthy eating (let alone, snacking) while in quarantine. Try these simple healthy breakfast recipes!
What makes an immunity-boosting breakfast? It’s the right balance of probiotics, prebiotics, vitamin C, protein, healthy fats, fiber, and essential minerals.
Get them on your daily breakfast table through these recipes.
6 Easy Healthy Breakfast Recipes You Can Whip Up While Stuck at Home
1. Banana, Peanut Butter, and Turmeric Breakfast Smoothie
A breakfast rich in probiotics, like this smoothie, aids the immune system by enhancing good gut bacteria and flushing out toxins.
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
Optional: 1/4 cup blueberries
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- Spin until you get a smooth blended.
- Add more ice or milk according to taste.
2. Immunity-Boosting Chicken Sliders
Putting a lot of ingredients in a sandwich doesn’t exactly make it better or healthier. Keeping it simple, sometimes, is key, especially if you’re having it for breakfast.
- slider buns
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced or mashed (depending on preference)
- purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded and seasoned according to taste (See options at iHerb)
- olive oil
- Season or marinate the chicken breasts. Let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once ready for cooking, place the chicken breasts over medium heat for 10 minutes. Make sure to cook thoroughly. Then, set aside.
- Shred/Cut/Mash the cabbage, avocado, and tomato. Set aside.
- Slice the slider buns in the middle. Drizzle olive oil over the outer side and toast them.
- Assemble your sandwich!
3. Simple Avocado and Egg Toast
Want a guaranteed no-fuss filling and healthy brekky? This healthy breakfast with eggs and toast can be put together in minutes and can be eaten even while you’re checking emails in the morning.
- 2 slices of wheat bread
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs, fried, boiled, or scrambled
- 1 garlic clove, minced and toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A dash of pepper
- olive oil
Optional: crushed almonds
- Brush your bread slices with olive oil. Set aside.
- Mash the avocado with a fork. Season with salt.
- Cook the eggs according to preference.
- Toast the bread slices until golden brown.
- Spread the avocado mash on top of each bread. Then, top them with egg.
- Season with salt, pepper, and toasted garlic.
4. DIY Breakfast Salad in a Jar
@ariaawolfHow I make my mason jar salads ???? because y’all always wanna see what I eat too lol and yes I like dressing ???? ##crushedit ##mealprep ##feature ##salad♬ original sound – ariaawolf
There’s something hip, trendy, vintage about a mason jar. For some reason, they seem to make meals more appetizing.
It could be the layers of colors and textures. Or, it could be because you’re free to toss in any ingredient in it for a healthy breakfast on the go.
Prep yours in a jar with your favorite fruits, vegetables, juice, or dressing! Here’s a recipe I recommend.
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups orange, diced
- 3 cups pineapple, diced
- Layer your fruits in the mason jar. Set aside.
- Whisk your dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the layers of fruits. Seal.
- Put in the fridge and take out after 30 minutes.
- It’s ready for savoring. Enjoy!
5. Mushroom Omelet
The protein in eggs and the prebiotics in mushrooms make a good combination for the immune system. Here’s a low-carb recipe that includes both.
- 3 eggs
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped
- unprocessed cheese, shredded
- olive oil
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. The frothier, the better.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Thrown in the mushrooms and onions. Stir fry till cooked.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Add shredded cheese once the egg cooks at the bottom.
- Use a frying spatula to fold the mushroom omelet in half.
- Transfer the omelet to a serving plate.
6. Coconut Porridge
Do you miss your morning hot cereal? Try this warm-in-the-belly keto gold in a bowl.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- A pinch of ground psyllium husk powder (substitute: chia or flax seeds)
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
- In a small bowl, mix egg, psyllium husk powder, coconut flour. Add a pinch of salt.
- Heat coconut oil and flour in a pan. Then, whisk in the egg mixture until you get a thick and creamy consistency.
- Top with coconut cream or your favorite fruits or grains.
Worried about your healthy breakfast ingredients? Get your shelf refills at iHerb! Shopping with Shopback gets you up to 30% cashback!
- Top Breakfast Buffets in Manila Hotels That Will Get You Out Of Bed
The best way to spend a day is to have a sumptuous breakfast spread every…
- 6 Healthy Drinks From Other Countries With A "Unique" Twist
Would you be willing to give them a try?
- Got a Date? Valentine's Day Date Ideas For The Last Minute Planners
It's Valentine's Day! Even if you and your significant other have been together for years,…