Face Rollers: The Beauty Trend From Ancient China That is Here to Stay
Beauty trends come and go, but it’s rare to see a beauty trend return after almost a century in obscurity. The ancients had their own unique beauty secrets, and some are coming back in new and modernized ways. One of these ancient beauty tools is the face roller.
Anyone who has watched a Chinese period drama might have noticed that women use a tool usually made of jade to massage their faces at night, and this tool was rolled on the skin while the protagonists had conversations with their maids. Now you can do the same (ahem, except the maid part!) and get yourself a face roller to include in your skincare routine. We tell you why should be using a face roller and where to buy it!
New Year, New You! Change your look and reinvent yourself with all the Fashion and Beauty deals happening right now at ShopBack.
Facial rollers: should I be using one?
How it looks like
Facial rollers have been used by women since the 7th century AD. Traditionally, they used to be made of jade and other soft and semi-precious stones. Apart from the common green jade, they were also made of red jade, white jade and rose quartz.
The rollers came in pairs, one smaller and one larger. Both were attached to the ends of a short holder. The larger end was used on the cheeks, necks, forehead, and chin while the smaller roller is used for the eyes.
Apart from the face, these rollers can also be used for any other part of the body. They’re said to have many health benefits for those who use them regularly. Using them is rather easy. As long as they are pressed along the face for a few minutes each day, they’re bound to be effective.
How will they benefit your face?
Face rollers work on your skin in different ways. Here are some of them:
- Increasing blood flow: Massaging your face with the rollers will stimulate the blood vessels to dilate and thereby increase blood flow to your skin cells. This means that your skin cells will have more nutrients and be able to grow more rapidly. Newer cells will replace the old cells and keep your skin looking youthful.
- Calming inflammations: The material used to make these rollers are cool to the touch, and functions to soothe sensitive skin that feeling hot, sore and uncomfortable. Using it will help lymphatic drainage, which means that if you’re looking a bit puffy, this simple exercise can help reduce that puffy look that’s caused by swelling or water retention.
- Helping facial muscles relax: Additionally, massaging your face like this will relax your facial muscles and help you de-stress, leading to decreased instances of stress-related skin conditions like psoriasis, rosacea, and acne.
- Helps creams get absorbed faster: If you’re using any serums, creams or moisturizers on your face, you can apply them before using the rollers and help these substances get absorbed faster and more efficiently.
- Great for the eyes: Roll the smaller portion around the eyes and help more blood reach the areas around it. This will help prevent panda eyes and even bloodshot eyes when you wake up in the mornings.
How to use a skin roller
This tool can be used on a daily basis. Just roll it on your cheeks, forehead, chin and around the eyes for about 10-15 minutes each night, preferably before going to bed or after your bath. Roll it in an upward and outward movement with moderate pressure. Do not press too hard or you risk popping pimples or hurting yourself.
- How to clean it: Keep your roller clean by washing it with soap and water at least twice a week, and drying it with a towel.
Where can I find the best face roller?
Many of the major online beauty shops carry it, and one such place is Beauty MNL. They have rollers made of jade, rose quartz and clear quartz for sale from the CHI beauty brand. Check out one of these rollers at Php 2,795.00:
There are many BeautyMNL promo codes that will win you free gifts, discounts, and Cashback as you shop, so don’t be afraid of using them to the max.
*Featured Image credit: Shutterstock.com
- 7 Face Essentials Every Girl Needs To Own
7 essential items to enhance your natural beauty. Flaunt what you got, girls!
- Here's Some Things That You Might Need If You Have Resting Bitch-Face.
"Sorry, that's just my face."
- The Only Face Makeup You Need This Summer For A Sweat-Proof Look
The temperature in Manila can reach up to 38.5 Celsius, which can melt your makeup…