Take Your Dad to a Brunch Date This Father’s Day!
Fathers always look after the welfare of their daughters. Sure, they can be pretty tough sometimes, but we know it’s for the best. One of the things that most fathers have probably taught their daughters is to eat healthily. (Remember the food groups lesson in school? Yep, they never failed to remind us that!) With all the sugar, fat, and oil that most of our favorite foods bring, our fathers just want us to not regret any health issues in the future.
This Father’s Day celebration, show your dear ol’ man that years of guidance have paid off. Treat him out for a Sunday brunch and dine in healthy but delicious restaurants. After all, we know that nothing beats a date with his little girl.
1. Corner Tree Cafe
This Vegan restaurant might just be what you need for a Father’s Day Brunch. You can order their bestseller Arroz a la Cubana. Or if you want to go Asian, try their Thai Veg Curry and Veg Bibimbap.
The great thing about Corner Tree Cafe is that most of their food has vegan and gluten-free options. This is best for your (overly) health-conscious Dad! They serve healthy food but still has a lot of taste to it. They even have vegan and gluten-free chocolate cake! How’s that for guilt-free indulgence! Plus, their food is quite affordable so you’ll be able to dig in and feast with your Dad.
- Location: 150 Jupiter St. Bel-Air, 1209 Makati
- Store Hours: Mon-Sun 11am-10pm
- Price Range: Php 300 – 500
2. Hummus Elijah
This restaurant is best known for their authentic hummus and falafel dishes. Hummus and falafel are both made out of chickpeas, but hummus is combined with olive oil and choice herbs and spices. Falafel, on the other hand, is ground chickpeas rolled into a ball and cooked deep fried. Hummus Elijah serves different dishes inspired by these two Middle Eastern foods.
You can cap off your meal with a healthy Baklava for dessert or some Soy Latte or Turkish Coffee.
- Location: 2/F 7850 Makati Ave, Poblacion, Makati
- Store Hours: Mon-Sun 9am-3am
- Price Range: Php 200 – 500
3. Beni’s Falafel
Another healthy choice is Beni’s Falafel. Their dishes are more into Middle Eastern and Meditteranean. So if that’s something you think both you and your dad would like, go ahead and try their dishes.
The name of the place is a giveaway on their specialty and, yes, they serve a lot of falafel including what they call Beni’s Falafel (obvious, right?). It’s a falafel sandwich with hummus, salad, and tahini. If you don’t mind something spicy, you should definitely try this one.
- Location: Ground Floor, A. Venue Mall, 7829 Makati Avenue, Poblacion, Makati City
- Store Hours: Mon-Sun 24 Hours
- Price Range: Php 200 – 400
4. Art Circle Cafe
If your Dad is a fan of art and culture, you can take him to Art Circle Cafe. This cafe started out as an art gallery and owner Kitten Alcantara thought it would be nice to gather people who love art and culture and share good food together. Thus, the birth of the cafe.
Art Circle Cafe serves your favorite Filipino comfort food from salads, soups, pasta, and snacks. And if you want to go for a healthier option, you can try ordering from their vegetarian menu. Here, you can end your date with your Dad with a tour of the cafe’s gallery.
- Location: Ground Floor, Y2 Residence Hotel, Santiago corner Singian and Valdez Streets, Barangay Poblacion, Makati | Ground Floor of Ang Bahay ng Alumni, Magsaysay Ave. UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City
- Store Hours: Mon-Sun 10am-10pm
- Price Range: Php 150 – 300
5. The Good Seed
The Good Seed is every health buff’s haven. They serve various dishes which are vegan, gluten-free, and keto friendly; from starters til dessert. Enjoy vegan burgers, pasta, steak, and ice cream guilt-free. It’s like enjoying your fast food or cafe staples, only healthier.
If you’d love their food, you can buy some frozen vegetarian deli and bottled condiments so you can enjoy all their healthy goods in the comforts of your home.
- Location: #3 Brixton Street, Kapitolyo, Pasig
- Store Hours: Mon-Sat 9am-9pm
- Price Range: Php 200 – 400
If you want something healthy, tasty, and affordable, FaBurrito is the place to be. The obvious play on words would give you an instant idea what their bestseller and customers’ paborito – their burritos.
And why not? They give you many choices for your burrito meat. You can go for grilled chicken, peri peri pork, roasted beef, mango barbecue chicken, or fajita mushroom or battered fish if you want a healthier option. You can also go for their delicious salads, healthy wraps, and tacos. Their refreshments are also a healthy way to cap off your meal.
- Location: 5th floor AFPMBAI Building, Bayani Road, Taguig City | Ground Floor, The Columns, Tower 2, Ayala Avenue, Makati | 2nd Floor, Techno Plaza 2, Eastwood City, Libis, Quezon City | Third Floor, BGC Stopover Pavillion, Rizal Drive Corner 31st Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
- Store Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-11pm | Sat-Sun11am-7pm
- Price Range: Php 100 – 300
7. Brown’s Gourmet
Last, but definitely not the least is Brown’s Gourmet. This resto serves the delectable comfort food that’s not only healthy but tasty and delicious. Their menu items are pretty much affordable so you have nothing to worry about getting great food on a tight budget.
You can choose from the variety of their menu items ala cart. Or you can get their best seller, the Perfect Plate. It consists of your choice of pasta, salad and their Roasted to Goodness quarter chicken! Finish it off with sweet and cool shakes.
- Location: Regis Center Building, Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City
- Store Hours: Mon-Sun 11am-9:30pm
- Price Range: Php 100 – 400
Quality time is the best Father’s Day gift
Want to make your daddy proud aside from your food choices? Well, you can show him you’re being money-savvy, too!
Download the Shopback app and see great cashback deals with BigDish and get up to 50% off on healthy restaurants. You sure would make your Daddy proud!
Images credit: All images taken from their respective websites or Facebook pages.