The Best Speakeasy and Hidden Bars In Manila To Discover This Weekend
Speakeasies are still a hot trend for bar hoppers. They offer a whole new vibe that’s different from mainstream bars, as they’re usually located in hidden places around town that aren’t obvious to passers-by. You would have to hear about it from someone (or read about somewhere) to know it exists. These speakeasies aren’t just hidden, they’re a haven for creative artisanal cocktails too.
Up for a drink? These are some of the best-hidden speakeasies bars in Manila to uncover.
1. Bank Bar
Bank Bar is the brainchild of The Moment group and is hidden behind an otherwise regular-looking 7-11 in the RCBC building. Move past the rows of snacks and soft drinks to find a door guarded by a bouncer in the back. Once you enter, you’ll be greeted by a seductively classy interior. Your eyes will be drawn to the lighted display of alcohol bottles behind the main counter as you sip on specially crafted cocktails.
- Address: G/F, RCBC Savings Bank Corporate Center, 26th and 25th Street, Taguig, Manila
- Opening hours: Mondays – Fridays, 5 pm-2 am; Saturdays 8 pm-3 am, Closed on Sundays.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bankbarmnl/
2. Thirsty Barber
The Thirsty Barber is located behind a back door in a hipster looking barbershop, so you can actually drop by after having your haircut. This bar serves little cocktails, and must-tries include the Mud Slide (Php 160), Coco Lychee (Php 120) and Apple Breeze ( Php 170). They also serve appetizers, rice bowls, grilled meats, noodles, and appetizers. Order the Liempo (Php 240) and Burger Steak with rice ( Php 160) to go with your drinks.
- Address: G/F Promenade Building, Wilson St., cor P. Guevarra St., Addition Hills, San Juan, Metro Manila, San Juan del Monte
- Opening hours: Tuesdays to Sundays, 1 pm-2 am. Closed on Mondays
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThirstyBarberPH/
The entrance to this speakeasy is located in Titto’s Latin BBQ and Brew. You’ll have to look for a door that resembles a big red Coca Cola vending machine. RM-16 boasts a wide variety of cocktails that are refreshing and fruity. There’s their tropical Banana Cocolada ( Php 350) which contains Cognac, Spiced Vodka, Malibu, Banana, Coconut Liqueur, Cinnamon and Mint.
- Address: Inside Titto’s Latin BBQ & Brew, 16 East Capitol Drive, Kapitolyo, Pasig City
- Opening hours: Mondays to Thursdays, 5 pm to 12 am, Fridays to Saturdays, 5 pm-2.30 am. Closed on Sundays
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheRM16/
4. The Curator
The Curator is a cosy little bar decked out in the latest minimalist style. It’s hidden behind a cafe of the same name, and it won the 14th best bar award in Asia’s 50 Best Bars list only recently. Once you enter, you’ll see why. Each drink on the menu is tailored to your personality and mood for the day. Among the fun creations, you can try is Rafiki’s Song, made with Monkey Shoulder, Mari Brizard Creme de Banana, Cocchi Americano and Peychaud’s.
- Address: 134 Legaspi Street, Legazpi Village, Makati
- Opening hours: Daily, 7 am – 2 am
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecuratorcoffeeandcocktails/
ABV stands for Alcohol by Volume and it’s a tribute to the 1920s prohibition era practice of selling alcohols by quantities rather than in bottles. ABV is a true tribute to the 1920s speakeasy and is even decorated to resemble that era. It’s hidden behind a hamburger and hotdog diner in Makati. You’ll have to look for a door that looks like it’s going to an elevator shaft, or listen out for cool, laidback jazz music and follow the sound.
- Address: 22 Jupiter Street, Bel Air, Makati City, Philippines
- Opening hours: Daily, 6 pm-2 am
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/abvbar/
6. Finders Keepers MNL
Finders Keepers is located in a black painted warehouse next to a taco restaurant called Taqueria Real. It gives off a really active vibe with live performances regularly, especially Jazz musicians. Many come here for its laidback party atmosphere are well-crafted drinks, which include the Beergherita, Girl Next Door and Spice of Life.
Address: Warehouse 5, La Fuerza Plaza, 2241 Don Chino Roces Avenue, Makati
Opening hours: Wednesdays-Saturdays, 8pm-4am. Closed on Sundays-Tuesdays.
Keep a lookout for your favourite bars on our Food Festival, where drinks come with special discounts, cashback deals, gifts and more. Enjoying yourself with a well-crafted drink doesn’t have to come with a hefty price tag, as long as you know where to look.
- 10 Affordable Hotels in Manila for a Weekend Staycation Under ₱1,500!
Staycations don't have to be 5-star resort hotels. Enjoy a weekend getaway at these affordable…
- Cool Rooftop Bars and Sky Lounges in Manila For An Evening Out
To unwind after a hard day, a rooftop is a fitting place. It gets better…
- 5 Fun Comedy Bars in Metro Manila to Laugh Your Heart Out
We all know that laughter is the best medicine. What better way to cure our…