Best Ramen Restaurants in Manila to Eat To Your Heart’s Content
The weather is getting colder by the day. And in the Philippines with only two seasons, we have to go through rainy and cold weather for a couple of months or so. When the cooler season comes, it’s time to spoil ourselves with something delicious to keep us warm. And if you love some ramen, then we’re on the same page.
This delicious soupy noodle dish may be foreign to our tastes as it originated from Japan, but it has grown popular in the country over the past years. Its rich broth flavours with meat and springy noodles sit well with our Pinoy taste buds. It gives that warmth and satisfaction on a long, cold day. That being said, what’s not to love about ramen?
This rainy season, we’ll do all you ramen lovers a favour and created this list of must-visit Japanese restaurants which serve the best ramen in Metro Manila.
1. Takashi Japanese Cuisine
You might have heard of Takashi Japanese Cuisine before. That’s because they serve such good ramen which you can eat alongside great choices of sushi.
Their Creamy Seafood Ramen and Black Garlic Ramen are recommended if you need that satisfyingly warm comfort of great food. You can also try the new addition to their menu, the Mt. Fuji Ramen. The name speaks for itself: it’s taking ramen to a greater height!
- Location: Pioneer Center Supermart, 8006 Pioneer Street, Kapitolyo, Pasig City
- Store Hours: Mon-Sun 11:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Ramen Price Range: Php 270 – 350
2. Soru Izakaya
Head over to Maginhawa and you’ll find this haven of a Japanese restaurant. The moment you walk in, you’ll get into an artsy, vibrant resto that you just want to sit and get some comfort food.
Indulge in their Black Tonkotsu Ramen, or go with the classic Shoyu Ramen. You can add a kick of spice with their Spicy Tonkotsu Ramen. They also have a great menu of entrees, sushi, and sashimi and a bar menu to boot! You can also visit their new location in Bonifacio Global City if going to Q.C. would take long.
- Location: Ground Floor, 140 Maginhawa Street, Sikatuna Village, Quezon City
- Store Hours: Sun – Thu 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM, Fri – Sat 11:00AM – 1:00 AM
- Ramen Price Range: Php 280 – 350
3. Ramen Bar
One ramen place you should visit is Ramen Bar in Greenfield District. It’s affordable but the price doesn’t mean they sacrificed the taste.
Their hot broth is seasoned well, and their noodles are fresh. You’ll surely leave feeling satisfied with your meal. Plus, their serving is good enough for its price; others even said it’s bigger than they expected! It’s safe to say, you’ll get a good deal here.
- Location: The Hub, Greenfield District, Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City
- Store Hours: Mon – Sun 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM, 5:30 – 11:00 PM
- Ramen Price Range: Php 185 – 380
Look at that lovely ramen! And we sure bet it’s tasty, too. Omakase may only have a limited variety of ramen (which they only got three), but they’re all packed with flavour that would suit your taste.
If you like a healthier alternative to Tonkotsu Ramen, you can try their Shoyu Ramen. But if you want a ramen that would surprise you, try their Crispy Ramen. Its unique take on ramen would surely not disappoint.
- Location: Upper G/L Il Terrazzo Bldg. cor. Scout Madrinian Tomas Morato, Quezon City
- Store Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 AM – 9:30 PM
- Ramen Price Range: Php 240 – 305
Katsu is popular for its Japanese grill and a wide menu of entrees and sushi, but their ramen is also a must-try. Their ramen can go with either shiyo or miso broth, which are equally satisfying and tasty. If you’d like a few drinks after your dinner, you can head over to their bar and get some sake!
- Location: The Fort Strip, 5th Avenue Corner 26th Street, Taguig
- Store Hours: Sun – Thu 11:00AM-2:00 AM, Fri & Sat 11:00:AM – 3:00 AM
6. Gyu Kaku
Gyu Kaku may just have a few choices of ramen, but we assure you it’s they’re more on quality ramen than the number of variations.
You can try their best-seller: the Ishiyaki Seafood Udon filled with fresh Japanese ramen noodles, vegetables, and seafood. If you’d like things spicy, try their Spicy Karubi Ramen with stir-fried beef and beef soup, or their Tantan Ramen with minced meat and spinach. Their savoury soup would not only be the ones to keep you warm; kicking in a bit of spice would add to the heat, too. You can also enjoy their set meals if you’re dining out with a group.
- Location: Level 2, East Wing, Shangri-La Plaza, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City
- Store Hours: Mon – Thu 11:00AM to 9:00PM, Fri – Sun 10:00AM to 10:00PM
- Ramen Price Range: Php 285 – 495
Butumaru’s wide array of ramen menu would satisfy anybody’s taste buds. They have soupless oil noodles with their Tantan Abura Soba, to savoury, curry-flavoured broth in their Curry Tantanmen. Their Ramen Salad is also to die for. It’s filled with freshness and the flavours just blend well. You can try their Shio Ramen as well and enjoy a thoughtful serving of 2 slices of aburi chashu or roasted pork belly.
Other than their ramen, you can also enjoy their tasty side dishes. Their Katsu Gyozayaki is highly recommendable to complement the savoury ramen into something crunchy.
- Location: Westgate Center, CE405 Commerce Ave, Alabang, Muntinlupa | G16 Ortigas Technopoint Bldg., Ortigas Home Depot Complex, 1 Doña Julia Vargas Ave., Pasig City
- Store Hours: 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM (Westgate Branch) | Sun-Thu 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM, Fri-Sat 11:00 AM to 1:00 AM (Ortigas Branch)
- Ramen Price Range: Php 290 – 420
Now, are you craving for some ramen? Don’t let the weather spoil your cravings. Go out with your colleagues or friends after work and reserve a seat with BigDish. Or if you’re stuck in the office or at home, you can have come ramen delivered through Foodpanda or Honestbee. You don’t only enjoy worry-free dining convenience, but you can get some great discounts, too!
Enjoy the comfort and warmth of ramen and this cold, rainy season would never bother you anymore.
Featured Image credit: ButumaruRamen.com
- Buffet Restaurants With the Best Deals in Manila For the Entire Family
Buffet dining doesn't have to cost a bomb. If you know where to look and…
- 10 Affordable & Romantic Restaurants in Metro Manila to Take Your Date
Here is a list of 10 romantic restaurants and cafes to take your special one…
- Marikina Restaurants: Best (And Cheap!) Dishes in Marikina's Top Places to Eat
One area in Metro Manila that is worth the visit is Marikina -- a location…