Marikina Restaurants: Best (And Cheap!) Dishes in Marikina’s Top Places to Eat
Summer calls for two things, trips to the beach or trips to the restaurant. Being the urban junkie that we (sometimes) are, we’ll go for the latter. Aside from we get to enjoy a few hours inside an airconditioned space (let’s be real here), we can also devour food side by side with members of our gang. One area in Metro Manila that we think is worth the visit is Marikina — a location bustling with homegrown restaurants with bang-for-your-buck dishes.
Check out our list of the best restaurants in Marikina and make sure you bookmark them for an awesome food trip in the very near future!
1. Carbonara from Cafe Lidia
Cafe Lidia offers a variety of western dishes. To be completely honest, everything from Cafe Lidia is mouthwatering and affordable, but for your first visit, the Carbonara is your best bet. It’s creamy, savory, and huge enough for 2 people. Match it with chickens wing or pizza for an extra satisfying meal.
- Price: Php 165
- Address: 64 Calderon Street, Calumpang, Marikina City
2. Tapsilog from Tapsi ni Vivian
Tapsi ni Vivian is basically an institution–from its humble beginnings of a carinderia-looking facade to a low-rise building, this restaurant is clearly on the rise. Order the Tapsilog for a surefire filling meal, and oh, it comes with free Bulalo soup too!
- Price: Php 105
- Address: Ground Floor, HDR Building, Gil Fernando Avenue Corner Estrador Street, San Roque, Marikina City
3. Chicken and Rice from Pan De Amerikana
Filipinos love their chicken and, in this particular restaurant, you can get either Barbecue, Inasal, or Fried with rice for only PHP 120. It comes in a quarter portion good enough for two servings of rice if you’re really hungry.
- Price: Php 120
- Address: 92 General Ordoñez Street, Concepcion Dos, Marikina City
4. Beef or Chicken Pho from Ca Phe Saigon
Noodles are all the craze nowadays and if you’re craving for something light and meaty, drive straight to Ca Phe Saigon ’cause they will bring you straight to Vietnam with their hearty bowl of Pho. Since you are there, order a side of spring rolls and vietnamese coffee.
- Price: Php 150 – Php 250
- Address: 14 Red Cedar Street, New Marikina, San Roque, Marikina City
5. Breakfast Steak from Beefalo by Hot Rocks
Love your meat? Beefalo is our go-to Marikina restaurant if we want steak under PHP 300. Their Breakfast Steak is what we highly recommend because it comes with rice, a side salad, and egg. It’s a pretty tasty meal.
- Price: Php 260
- Address: Lot 6, Block 3, Gil Fernando Avenue, Santo Niño, Marikina City
6. Chicken Wings from Blake’s Wings & Steaks
Who doesn’t love chicken wings? Blake’s, named after the owner’s lovely Siberian Husky, offers a roster of flavors and dips. The hardest part is choosing which one tickles your fancy but the easiest part is eating all of them, probably under 10 mins. PHP 225 yields 10-12 pieces of wings.
- Price: Php 225
- Address: 75 Gil Fernando Avenue, San Roque, Marikina City 1801
7. Pancit Canton Special with Lechon from Luyong
Luyong is one of Marikina’s pride restaurants, it has 3 branches in Marikina alone. They a lot of Cantonese dishes all Filipinos love, but we suggest you twirl into their Pancit Canton Special. It has a lot of toppings including Lechon that will turn anyone’s bad day around.
- Price: Php 205
- Address: 801 JP Rizal Avenue, Concepcion Uno, Marikina City
8. Cheeseburger from Mama Chit’s Coffee House
The Queen of Media, Kris Aquino, called Mama Chit’s burger one of the best burgers she has ever tried. We think that’s enough to get you out of your house and into Mama Chit’s Coca-Cola decorated restaurant. The cheeseburgers are the best sellers but the menu also includes salads and pasta. Pair your dish with a root beer and you will be satisfied.
- Price: Php 100
- Address: 234 JP Rizal Street, San Roque, Marikina City
9. Spicy Tobanjan Ramen from Gokinjo
Of course, Ramen will have a special place on this food list. We specifically love Gokinjo because 1. they make their own noodles and 2. they have an eat-all-you-can ramen promo for only 250 Pesos. One bowl only costs 160 Pesos, both options are very tempting. If you are craving a satisfying bowl of Japanese comfort food, this is the place to go.
- Price: Php 160
- Address: 3 Rainbow Street, Concepcion Dos, Marikina City
10. Junior Cake from Pink Chiffon
The only dessert place on this list goes to Pink Chiffon. This bakery has cupcakes worth 50 Pesos and a Junior-sized cake for 450 Pesos. A bigger cake is prized 750 Pesos which is still a good price compared to other bakeries. You can choose from a spectrum of flavors, including Red Velvet that can be made to order!
- Price: Php 450
- Address: Lilac Street, SSS Village, Concepcion Dos, Marikina City
A food trip to Marinika restaurants
Hopefully, this list inspired you to take a food trip in Marikina soon. This area deserves all the attention, especially since none of these dishes are over 300 Pesos, making the perfect place to go out dining with a group. Truly, everything’s worth the trip. Happy eating!
Which Marikina restaurant is your favourite? Share it with us below in the comments.
- 6 Vegetarian Restaurants On Foodpanda For The Health Conscious!
Eat well and feel good with these vegetarian restaurants from Foodpanda! With these creative vegetarian…
- Buffet Restaurants With the Best Deals in Manila For the Entire Family
Buffet dining doesn't have to cost a bomb. If you know where to look and…
- 10 Affordable & Romantic Restaurants in Metro Manila to Take Your Date
Here is a list of 10 romantic restaurants and cafes to take your special one…