Baguio is known as the City of Pines due to its location in the mountainous region of the Philippines. Due to its cooler weather, it’s a famous tourist spot for those wanting to escape the summer heat and humidity. People come here to visit museums, pick strawberries and just relax in the cold air. Many also come here to admire the different flora and views.
If you’re travelling in Baguio on a budget, here are some places where you can find food for cheap. We’ve compiled a list of places that serve dishes for less than P200.
1. Grumpy Joe
Despite its name, Grumpy Joe’s is a very pleasant place to eat. They serve mainly western food like pasta, pizza, burgers, and fried chicken. One set called Combo A is only Php 140 but includes spaghetti, fries, a piece of fried chicken and pizza. You can also get their Sweet Chili Peanut Butter Chicken with Rice (P155) or their Grumpy Joe Special Burger (P160). No matter where you look, the menu is peppered with satisfying dishes for less than P200.
- Address: Leonard Wood Road, Baguio City
- Opening hours: Daily, 10am-9pm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Grumpyjoerestaurant/
2. Glenn 50s Diner
At this 50s themed diner, you’ll notice all the elements of a retro American restaurant, from the chequered floors to the neon lights. They serve a myriad of classic American food, like burgers, steak, and milkshakes. One favourite is the Gansta Gangsta (P165) which is a set with grilled pork chops, fried chicken, chicken Shanghai rolls, veggies and egg served with rice. Fish lovers will enjoy the Tanguigui steak, which is grilled fish of the day with rice (P165). Chicken Cordon Bleu (P145) and Grilled Pork Belly with rice (P135) are also on offer.
- Address: 166 Military Cutoff Rd, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
- Opening hours: Mondays- Fridays, 8am-10pm, Saturdays and Sundays, 10am-8pm
3. Chubby Bib’s
Chubby Bib’s is actually located near Grumpy Joe. They have a pretty unique menu concept where you can build your own meal. You can choose your mains from either Chicken Schnitzel or Breaded Pork Chop and then combine them with either one or two sides. Sides include potato salad, buttered corn and peas, fries, coleslaw, garlic bread and more. If you pick one side you pay P153 and if you pick two you pay P185. There’s also fish and chips (P180) and all day breakfast items for P190 and less.
- Address: Leonard Wood Rd.,Baguio City
- Opening hours: Mondays, 12pm-9pm; Tuesdays -Thursdays, 11am-9pm; Fridays – Sundays, 11am-9.30pm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chubby-Bibs-1454377111477639/
4. Oh My Gulay
Oh My Gulay has an extremely interesting interior that looks like a cross between a garden and a treehouse. From this setting, you can expect lots of healthy dishes with plenty of fresh crunchy greens. In fact, their entire menu is below P200 and is vegetarian. There’s the Tandang Sora Parmigiana which is breaded eggplant toast (P150), Kapitan Kabute Omelette which is mushroom omelette on toast (P130) and Bandilang Pula which is mountain rice, veggies, omelette and tofu with Mongolian sauce ( P150).
- Address: 5F La Azotea Bldg., 108 Upper Session Road (just across the Cathedral), Baguio City
- Opening hours: Sundays and Mondays, 11am-7pm; Tuesdays to Thursdays, 11am-8pm; Fridays and Saturdays, 11am-9pm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OhMyGulayArtistCafeBaguio/
5. Secret Garden
Bright and cheerful Secret Garden offers pizza, pasta, and classic Filipino food. Their menu offers many rice bowls for less than P200. Examples include Pork Liempo (P165), Beef Belly Roast ( P180) and Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet (P175). Additionally, you can have their Pomodoro pasta (P180) or Bolognese pasta (P195) too.
- Address: 34 Paterno Street, South Drive Road, Beside South Drive Manor Hotel, Baguio City
- Opening hours: Daily, 10am-10pm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/baguiosecretgarden/
6. Choco-laté de Batirol
The main reason why most people come here is the traditional style hot Chocolate drink, the Kakaibang Choco-Late ( starts at P80). However, they have plated meals too, including breakfast items like Longaniza with egg and rice (P160). They also have lunch and dinner meals like Dinuguan (P190) and Sarsiadong Tilapia ( P185) to warm you up.
- Address: Igorot Garden, Camp John Hay, Baguio City
- Opening hours: Daily, 8am-9pm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Choco-late-de-Batirol-166198516765520/
Book your stay today in Baguio and avoid any last minute hustling. Booking online is a great idea as it allows you to compare prices better. Use our ShopBack travel promo coupons to get all the discounts, deals and cashback you deserve.
- Solo Travel: Best Places To Travel Alone in Asia and Beyond
If you've always thought travelling alone but never actually done it, go for it! Yes,…
- Marikina Restaurants: Best (And Cheap!) Dishes in Marikina's Top Places to Eat
One area in Metro Manila that is worth the visit is Marikina -- a location…
- 15 Most Instagram-Worthy Places to Visit in the Philippines
Are you looking for new destinations that can give you the perfect Instagram snap? Don't…